Not all of us have the luxury of being born in affluent homes to afford overseas education. There are 1000s of students from middle-class families who have made it big studying in the USA. wondering how? There’s no big secret about this. The cat’s already out in the open. With the help of scholarships for international students in USA, so many saw their dreams of studying abroad come true.
We strongly believe dreams shouldn’t be hindered due to financial situations. And that is why the team at University HUB has close ties with scholarship providers and premier universities across the USA.
In this blog, you’ll be reading about the benefits that scholarships give to an international student, available scholarships currently, top universities to choose from in the USA, and of course, we’ve answered some FAQs too.
Before you scroll down to read, do you want to set up a free consultation call with us and then continue reading? Contact us.
What Are Scholarships?
Scholarships are financial aid given to deserving students who are currently not in a well-off financial position to accommodate their fee structure. There are many scholarships available in the USA. But each scholarship varies and has various factors to determine if it needs to be rewarded to you or not.
Note: Do not confuse student loans with scholarships. Both are completely different. You have to pay back the amount – in installments – when you take a loan. But that’s not the case with scholarships. You’ve earned it due to your academic excellence and keen passion to learn.
What Are The Benefits of Scholarships?
College scholarships for international students in USA are a convenient way to pay fees for international students who want to study abroad. But since many are confused about the steps or where to start, how will the money be given, whom to contact, etc – they don’t take that step forward. But here are some benefits that scholarships bring to your career and life.
- Golden Pass To Study In The USA
- Improve Focus On Academics
- Increases Career Prospects
- Getting Admission To Top Colleges
Finding the right scholarship gives you an upper hand for greater glory in your college. You can also gain confidence, get global exposure, and develop interpersonal skills.
- Golden Pass To Study In The USA: The main intent of providing scholarships for international students in USA is to provide financial assistance to students. Because due to economic reasons, many aspiring international students shy away from taking the path they desire. But if you can study well and secure a scholarship, the day is not far off to board a flight to the USA and study at a top university over there.
- Improve Focus On Academics: Imagine studying each day with a thought running back through your mind on how to clear off the huge loan you have taken to cover your educational expenses. It is hard, right? But with the right scholarship, you can retain the focus to study passionately without any worries disturbing your mental peace during your course tenure in the USA.
- Increases Career Prospects: Not all get scholarships. To avail of one, you must be talented and intelligent in line with the course you are choosing in the USA. Everyone who gets scholarships is a winner already before going to the USA. You can even add up to your resume and repent the hard work put in to get the scholarship that you wanted. It will leave a positive impression on the recruiters that you are willing to do what it takes to get what you desire.
- Getting Admission To Top Colleges: So many colleges are looking for students who are skilled and passionate about the course you choose. Because it is a win-win for both you and the university. Apart from privately driven scholarships, many universities and international educational consultants make getting scholarships easy for aspiring students.
>> Check out the most-preferred universities in the USA
Top Scholarships In USA
Taking a cue from the above point, we have listed out some top scholarships that have helped 1000s of students over the years study abroad in the USA. If you need any assistance or need further information about scholarships for international students in USA, feel free to contact us.
- Fulbright Foreign Student Program: The Fulbright Foreign Student Program enables graduate students, young professionals, and artists from abroad to study and conduct research in the United States. The Fulbright Foreign Student Program operates in more than 160 countries worldwide. Approximately 4,000 foreign students receive Fulbright scholarships each year. The Fulbright Foreign Student Program is administered by binational Fulbright Commissions/Foundations or U.S. Embassies. All Foreign Student Program applications are processed by these offices.
- Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program: This is a non-degree scholarship program for international, experienced professionals wishing to undertake 10 months of academic study in the US. Although the funding doesn’t support degree qualifications, students can study and develop their knowledge at academic institutions across the nation.
- You Are Welcome Here Scholarship: Participating colleges and universities will each offer two annual, renewable scholarships that cover a minimum of 50% tuition to selected international undergraduates dedicated to furthering the #YouAreWelcomeHere message. Applicants are required to either answer a short essay question or present a multimedia project about their ideas for applying their leadership skills on their future campuses.
- Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship Program: The Aga Khan Foundation provides a limited number of scholarships for international students in the USA each year for postgraduate studies to outstanding students from select developing countries who have no other means of financing their studies, to develop effective scholars and leaders and to prepare them for employment, primarily within the AKDN. Scholarships are awarded on a 50% grant – 50% loan basis through a competitive application process once a year in June or July. The Foundation gives priority to requests for Master’s level courses but is willing to consider applications for Ph.D. programs, only in the case of outstanding students who are highly recommended for doctoral studies by their professors and who need a Ph.D. for the fulfillment of their career objectives (academic or research-oriented).
- Harvard University Scholarships: Harvard offers a range of (very competitive) international scholarships for students from all over the globe. This university remains one of the most sought-after destinations to study. 1000s of students across the world come here and enrich their careers getting world-class education from the professors at Harvard.
- AAUW International Fellowships: Fellowships offered by the American Association of University Women for female international students to study in the US. AAUW has been one of the largest funders of women’s graduate education, investing in women who go on to change the world.
- American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship: The AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship promotes educational access and opportunity while enhancing international diversity. Bringing together the best of AU – academic excellence, leadership development, and global engagement – the AU Emerging Global Leader achieves, inspires, and serves with vision. The AU EGL is dedicated to positive civic and social change and will return home to improve under-resourced, underserved communities in their home country.
USA Scholarships FAQs
> How can I study abroad for free?
You cannot study abroad for free. But with the help of financial options like grants, scholarships for international students in USA, educational loans, and more. You can inch closer towards your ambitions of getting graduated in the USA.
> Which scholarship is the best to study in USA?
It all depends on the course, university, and city you are going to opt for. Unless we know these details, we cannot recommend any. However, we can help you find out. Get in touch with us.
> What are the requirements for USA Scholarships?
Requirements vary for each scholarship. Some generic boxes to tick might be your academic scores, GRE, GMAT, IELTS, Duolingo Test, language proficiency, etc. – depending on the course you are choosing.
> How will I receive my scholarship funds?
In most cases – if you are selected for the scholarship – the designated amount will be paid to the college. The coordinating and transferring funds part, if any, might be taken care of by the educational consultants you choose.
How To Get Scholarship For Studying In USA?
Rather than starting from scratch all by yourself, it is always advisable to seek professional advice from education consultants who have been influential in sending many students abroad over the years.
Here are a few stats on how University Hub enables scholarships for international students in USA to study. We have been in the field since 2010 with over a decade of experience, and have been instrumental in assisting 90,000 students to enroll in universities in the USA. Yes, you heard the number right: 90,000. You could be the next.
- Contact us for a free consultation call
- We’ll review your details and call back
- Let’s discuss the course and universities
- See what scholarships options are available
- Check the requirements under each grant
- Apply for a grant fulfilling all that they seek
- Start applying for colleges in the USA
That’s how it works. No hurdles on the way. We’ve cleared them for you. Message our team and set up a meeting right away. Let’s get started.